With over 35 years of experience in the hunting industry below is what I suggest you pack for your time in South Africa.
Should you want a printable copy, you are welcome to download it using the link to the right.
- Passport with at least 6 months validity and minimum of 2 blank pages.
- Airline tickets (remember to have a copy with you and another with family)
- Rifle and ammo (about 60 rounds is adequate)
- Bow with 2 dozen arrows and broadheads as well as some practice points.
- Hard case for the above as well as locks and keys (TSA approved)
- Camera and spare batteries or charger.
- Electricity adaptor/converter.
- Knife and Leatherman style multi-tool.
- Small flashlight and headlamp.
- Hat or cap
- Sunblock and moisturizer
- Small daypack
- Soft gun case for on the vehicle.
- 3 sets of hunting clothes
- 2 sets of camp clothes
- 4 sets of socks and underwear
- A comfortable pair of boots
- Pair of camp shoes or trainers
- Light jacket
- Light raingear
- Personal toiletries and medication
- Notebook and pen/pencil
Get your own copy
Our printable packing list offers an organized document covering travel essentials, clothing and weapons based on your stay with South African Hunting.
If you have hunted in South Africa before we welcome you to use your preferred weapon(s) during your hunt. However should this be your first time hunting in South Africa or want more information about our recommended weapons and ammunition please click here.